- This event has passed.
RCAP Implementation Workshop: Post-Disaster Redevelopment Planning
July 13 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
The Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact’s Staff Steering Committee hosted the Regional Climate Action Plan (RCAP) Implementation Workshop on Post-Disaster Redevelopment Planning on Friday, July 13 at the Broward County Commission Chambers in Fort Lauderdale. This one-day workshop addressed the critical need for Southeast Florida to plan redevelopment and recovery strategies prior to experiencing the shocks and stressors of extreme weather events.
Professionals working in emergency management, urban planning, sustainability, and resilience learned about and discussed ways to strengthen the region’s resilience by improving the post-disaster redevelopment planning process. The workshop also focused on how climate resilience efforts can be integrated into and inform emergency management efforts.
Workshop participants left this workshop with:
- Tools to advance community disaster and resilience planning
- Perspectives from the business community on emergency response coordination with the private sector
- Greater understanding of how to more fully integrate equity considerations into the post-disaster redevelopment planning process
- New cross-sector connections within counties to improve post-disaster redevelopment planning at scale
- Best practices and lessons learned from Palm Beach County’s post-disaster redevelopment planning processes