PH-7: Assess climate impacts on chronic conditions
Identify the existing and missing data collection and reporting (both granular and geographic) needed to make health outcome projections about the exacerbating effects climate change has on existing health risks, including:
- Exposure to mold-related infectious disease
- Chronic conditions, such as asthma
- Exposure to contaminated water supplies
- Occurrence of flooding-related injury
- Mental health issues related to property damage and displacement
Invest in critical gaps in data collection and reporting about the exacerbating effects climate change has on existing health risks.
Develop regional assessment tools that tie climate projections to potential future public health risks.
Engage the local public health workforce in the development of climate-related policies to ensure the policies consider health.